I have found a great match for Angela. He is an OB doctor, slightly old, but full of useless knowledge! He shared a little of that knowledge with me that may help certain people with mountain dew addictions. Just one can of mountain dew has 46 grams of sugar. Say you have one mountain dew each day for 10 days. That is 46 X 10 = 460 grams. 454 grams = 1 lb. So, if you drink one can of mountain dew every day- every 10 days you are drinking 1 lb. of sugar! You Diet Pepsi/Diet Coke drinkers are off the hook!
Update on the laser situation- the lady who does it at the clinic I chose, is making a career change, so she is only working twice a week until they find someone new. It is getting slightly irritating, but I'll just let you know how it goes when it happens.
4 comments:
Maybe I need to come down to visit you...
That is crazy about the Mountain Dew!! Glad to see you writing again.
Dan wanted me to post this comment, from him. He doesn't want to have to sign up for a blogger ID, but he wanted to comment I guess. ;)
"For a 2000 cal diet you should not consume more than 40 grams of refined sugar per day. But honestly that is not even possible. Also fake sugar is not that healthy of an option. It does not satisfy your sugar craving so not only do you intake the fake sugar, you end up having the real stuff as well."
I have to say, all pop is horrible for you, and it is one of my biggest vices, god I love a good 44 ouncer (fountain pop) of diet coke!
When Dan gave up pop completely, he pretty much lost 30 pounds. Now, he was also eating a little better, and probably exercising a little more, but mainly, the biggest change in his lifestlye was the pop consumption, and he only drank Diet. So that tells you how good for you Diet pop is. And how great water is for you, since that is what he switched too.
I agree that all pop is bad for you, but certain types are worse. Also, researchers are unaware of where/how the nutrasweet is excreted. Ironically- waterboy is on right now! The best beverage still is H2O!
Post a Comment