Clearly it is about time I start writing again.
What's new with me?
*Things have been so crazy lately. I am glad to report that my radiation treatment is finally over. The ugly scar that the dermatologist left after removing my collection of crappy cells is now bright red! Makeup is a wonderful thing though. It covers up all of the red, but you can still see the scar. Oh well- just a battle scar from life.
*I am going for my second laser treatment this week. And for those of you who were wondering about price- My friend Steph and I bought a 'buy one half off and get the second free' deal. We each paid $275. I guess it seems like a lot of money at one time, but think about all of the razors and shaving cream you wouldn't have to buy, plus all the pain you save yourself. I think it will be worth it.
*We are leaving for Florida this Sunday. I am very excited for a little vacation. We are headed to my uncles home on the canal in Cape Coral. We have a full week of relaxation planned. We found our charger for our camera so hopefully I will be able to download some pics after the trip. I have not done any preparation tanning though- I am a little nervous that I didn't, but every time I think about going- a little voice reminds me of my run in with cancer. I think I choose life over sun!
*I finally found my kitchen table! I found it at a place called K's merchandise. It feels sort of like a marshals or TJ Max. The table is really nice, but the first one we brought home had a big chip in it and one of the chairs was chipped as well. So, we packed it up and took it back. The second table we brought home was two different colors. By this time I was getting pissed- I called and talked to the manager and requested that my next table be delivered for the inconvenience- a reasonable request. It turns out- this place is so cheap- it doesn't have delivery! I took back the second table and made them open the third one in the store. It was fine, so we brought it home and set it up. It looks really nice- I am glad to have a matching kitchen table now.
*Work is going well. I don't really have any amazing stories, but ladies...There is a disease that I have been running into quite frequently lately. It is called SPS. 'Stinky P****Y Syndrome' Maybe women of Des Moines are hibernating and not showering as often as recommended, but please remember this syndrome when you are pregnant or at your annual exam. You do not want to be known as the girl with SPS.
*We are sill planning to have a small function at our house the first weekend in March. My schedule isn't our for March, so as soon as it is for sure- I will let you all know. I am pretty sure I will have that weekend off, so please save the date.
*Not that you know any of my co-workers, but we just had our Christmas Party last Saturday and it was not what I expected. We were planning on staying for about and hour or so- figuring it would be boring. We ended up staying at one of our Doctor's houses until 12:30 before heading to a gay bar downtown with another Doctor and his wife. Everyone was so drunk! We had fun and are looking forward to it next year. It is weird how different people are outside of work.
I hope to continue writing... I will try a little harder!!
4 comments:
Yay! I'm so happy you are back and blogging! I like the new background a lot! I laughed at SPS...sounds pretty disgusting. Ohh, and I think $275 is an AMAZING deal for no more crotch shaving! As soon as I have more money it's something I may consider...although I'm not sure I'm brave enough to go completely bald for life. We'll see :)
I also am amazed that you're only paying $275 for your laser hair removal. I knew a girl who got her legs and bikini line done, and she said it was a couple thousand dollars! Nice buddy!
Good to have you back, and have fun on your vacation in Florida! We miss you!
That laser treatment sounds like a deal to me too. I'm so glad your back, and all the radiation stuff is done with. Hope you have a great vacation.
Welcome back!
Post a Comment